Wednesday, September 2, 2015

SHADOW SIGHT BY EJ STEVENS REVIEW








I met this awesome writer at ARC-NOLA and her books are right down my alley. My favorite genre is Urban Fantasy and the supes that she has in the Ivy Granger series are Fae which is one of my favorites.
First of all, I loved this book. It drew me in quite quickly. Psychometry is one gift you don't see written very often. Ivy is a bit mellow at the start, I prefer to see a little more kick ass heroine but I think this is mainly the fleshing of her character. The twist of romance was a welcome addition and I hope to see the relationship grow further. I'd also like to see some more back story on Ivy's father. Action and romance blend wonderfully with the story line. Excellent starting point.
Her take on the Fae is exactly how I see them, not all are glittery TinkerBell types. This book does portray their inhuman nature and there is some humanization but not too much to turn me off.
The plot line flows nicely and is a good beginning to Ivy Granger saga.  Some of the pop culture references are very relatable to me and what my interests are.
If you like the Fae and like to see the darker side of Faekind, pick up this book and enjoy the action and romance that snakes throughout the book.
Looking forward to the rest of the books in the series.
I’m giving this book a 4 Fairy rating for the action filled Fae adventure with a twist of romance.


 CHECK OUT E.J. STEVENS AT THE FOLLOWING SOCIAL MEDIA SITES:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting:)