Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Vanessa Williams Interview

Today, I’m welcoming Vanessa Williams to my blog for an in depth interview. She is author of three books, Drowned Sorrow, The Strangers Outside and A Good Man.

Grab a chair and get a virtual drink from the bar as you read Vanessa’s thoughts.


VANESSA WILLIAMS

Was there anything about your upbringing that influenced your love of paranormal subjects?

I was an anxious child. Even the news scared me. When I was a toddler, I saw an ad for The Planet of the Apes on television. The images from that movie scared me so much that the apes materialized in the living room and continued to 'visit' me for several months. They looked as real to me as my friends and family. Despite my fears, I very quickly became attracted to anything horror and paranormal. I guess it was a way to process those fears. In any case, my fears disappeared as soon as I showed an interest in the genre.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

Happy.

What do you like to do when you're not writing?

Eating out, cooking, going to film festivals, watching movies, reading, cuddling my cat.

What are your favorite writing snacks?

Cheesecake, marinated olives and tea.

What does your family think of your writing?

Most of them don't understand English, so they can't read my books (I'm originally from Belgium and my native language is Dutch). At first they were a bit hesitant about my career choice, but now that I'm starting to be on television and in magazines, they're rather proud.

Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?

Believe it or not, but most letters I get from my readers are from men telling me that I'm beautiful.
What do you think makes a good story?

It depends from person to person, but good characters and a exciting beginning and ending are a good starting point, because people will always remember the beginning and the ending.

Biography

Screenwriter and novelist Vanessa Morgan is known as the 'female version of Stephen King'. She has written three books of supernatural suspense: Drowned Sorrow, The Strangers Outside and A Good Man. You can find out more about Vanessa Morgan and her work by going to her personal blog http://vanessa-morgan.blogspot.com.


Books by Vanessa Morgan

A Good Man (web)

A Good Man

Do you like Dexter and American Psycho? Then chances are you will love A Good Man.

Louis Caron is a good man – he's a vegetarian, feeds homeless people, takes care of animals and is converned with the ecological well-being of the planet. But his altruism has a sinister edge – he's a vampire and local detective Taglioni becomes increasingly suspicious of him. Louis' attempt to escape the police will take him on a journey into his own private hell where he is not only forced to confront his worst fears, but where he will also destroy the lives of those he cares about.

The Strangers Book Cover

The Strangers Outside

Two sisters, Jennifer and Louise, return to their remote holiday cottage after a day at the seaside. But little do they know they're being surrounded. Soon after their arrival, the girls will come face to face with the strangers outside. When the assailants make their intentions known, things take a shockingly terrible turn and an intense battle for survival will begin.

Drowned Sorrow

Drowned Sorrow

Megan Blackwood has just lost her son in a terrible accident. Now she has come to Moonlight Creek with her teenage daughter Jenna, hoping that a change of scenery might help to put her life back together. But something odd is going on in Moonlight Creek. When rain falls over the village, the inhabitants commit grisly murders, leaving the village deserted with the first rays of sunshine. Beneath the lake's surface, an eerie presence watches... and waits... Waits to reveal a tragic past drowned in mystery and fear. One that doesn't bode well for visitors. By the time Megan realizes that her daughter is in danger, it might already be too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting:)