Monday, November 7, 2011

DAWN CHARTIER INTERVIEW


Kira McCoy wants to die. Losing her husband and daughter tragically left her without hope. Now her disturbed brother-in-law will stop at nothing to have her for himself. All she wants is to find peace, but instead finds herself on top of a bridge ready to end her suffering.

Protector of the Poryria, Trace Stuart is called to defend his race or embrace death. Defending humans is not part of the plan, but he cannot stop himself from saving Kira.

Realizing that he shares a special bond with Kira, Trace defies his Queen and rushes into the heart of darkness in order to rescue the woman he loves. Will Kira be able to reach past her own pain to pull them both into the light?
  DAWN CHARTIER INTERVIEW
Did you always want to be a writer? If so, what medium did you start with? Poetry, Short Stories, Novellas, Novels??
Good question. No. I never thought about writing, until a few months before hurricane Katrina hit my home town, but didn’t actually start writing seriously until after the storm. I started with a full novel, but never attempted to get it published. My sister keeps begging me to submit it, but nah…

What was the inspiration for your book, Not An Angel?  
My inspiration for Not An Angel came from a rejection letter from editor, Kristin Nelson and Sara Megibow. They wrote that they enjoyed the story, but they didn’t fall in love with my characters as much as they had hoped. This was for my second novel I attempted to write. It lacked lots of things, but their letter encouraged me to dig deeper into characters that even I would pull for. Then my mother told me about a friend of hers, and what had happened to her friend. (she lost her baby and husband a few months apart) I knew in that moment, I had to write about this tragedy, and my goal was to give my Mom’s friend a second chance at happiness. I hope I did.

Did you ever experience a major life changing event that impacted your writing?
As I mentioned above, Katrina got me off my butt. Then Candace Havens gave a “fast draft” class. You had to write a book in two weeks. I did. After that there was no stopping me.

If you could be any book genre, which one would you choose and why?
I would have to choose, Paranormal romance. I’d love to have magical powers, wouldn’t you?
Name a song(s) that define(s) you as a writer.
Tough question. I can’t think of song right now.
If the world was on the edge of extinction, how would you survive?? I have plenty of experience on how to survive. I’ve lived through several hurricanes. Stock up on everything.
What advice would you give to other aspiring writers like me??
There is so much advice I wish I had when I started, but truly the only way to become a successful writer is to write every day. Never give up hope. Find writers groups such as Savvy Authors, RWA, and critique groups to help you learn all you can.
What other projects do you have on the horizon??
I have a contemporary erotic romance coming out January 4, 2012, from Siren BookStrand called, Diamonds. It’s the first book in my Stiletto Millionaire Club Series. (my first erotic) Plus I’m working on a witch series set in New Orleans.
And a fun one, what would you do if there was a zombie apocalypse?
The first thing I would do is find a Zombie Hunter, and make them my best friend. :- )

Thanks for having me today…




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting:)