Wednesday, June 15, 2011

REVIEW OF DREAMS UNLEASHED BY LINDA HAWLEY

DREAMS UNLEASHED BY LINDA HAWLEY

Dreams Unleashed Synopsis:
It’s the future year of 2015, where technology governs life. No one on the globe is free from being tracked through government RFID. The worldwide underground organization, GOG, is the one group equipped to fight against citizens’ loss of privacy. Ann Torgeson is a technical writer working for a tidal energy company—living a seemingly normal life in the Pacific Northwest—when her vivid dreams turn real. Is her training as a paranormal CIA agent when she was only nineteen years old now altering the doorway between her subconscious and reality? When Ann starts to dig into her past, her present begins to unravel, leading the reader through events that twist and turn everything upside down. It's the not-so-distant future, and question everything you know is the theme of Dreams Unleashed, book one of this paranormal trilogy.

I must confess this book was a little hard to get into at first. The main character Ann is jumping different realities in the book and it's a challenge to follow. After the first few chapters, I was drawn into the story. This was also my first dystopian novel and I was impressed by the content. I'm always a sucker for woman heroines Ann is no different. She is former CIA special unit personnel and the book does get into technical stuff about it. This book was a good read for me because it makes me think and the premise is plausible in the technological based world we live in today.
This isn't a quick read by any means. You have to really take your time to read to absorb the massive amounts of data you glean from the book. The writing is pretty formal and you have to be a clear thinker to understand what is being written.
Ann's ability to cross over into her dreams and bring them back has a metaphysical element to it that appeals to my spiritual nature. Science and spiritual meld together into a intricate pattern. A lot of metaphysical ideas are introduced in the book such as chakras and energy fields and I can relate to them as I follow some of them in my real life.
The only critique I have is the formal structure of the words as this is difficult to follow if you aren't well versed in the English language. Other than that, the story is intriguing and makes me want to jump into it and travel with her on her spiritual journey to enlightenment.
Linda Hawley blends science and metaphysics well together and creates a thinking story that kept me turning the pages. Action and suspense combined with philosophical discussion makes this book a winner.
I give this book 4 Fairies for the intriguing nature of the story.

I would recommend this book to readers interested in dystopian novels and want to “think outside the box”. Also for those who enjoy reading about metaphysics.
I look forward to reading more about Ann and her abilities.

1 comment:

  1. I will have to add this to my wish list looks good heather. :)
    Sassy sister Nattie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting:)