Sunday, June 5, 2011

Mystery & Mayhem Blog Hop


Sorry I forgot to add the rules of this blog hop,
We only have 2 rules to leave a comment on all the blogs and to have fun! 
I chose my quotes because of the meaning behind each one. As I'm an aspiring writer myself. I find myself drawn to the quotes about creating stories.
Feel free to tell your favorite quote and if you like mine.
Sassy Book Lovers has some awesome prizes up for grabs.
Thanks for hopping in:) And I'd really like a follow if you like what you see here.
I have a lot of cool stuff I'm working on. My main feature right now is Writer Wednesdays. So stop back in this Wednesday for my featured author Alisha Paige.


"Sometimes being a bitch is all a woman's got to hold on to."
— Stephen King (Dolores Claiborne)

"Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home."
— Stephen King (The Stand)

"I dreamed I spoke in another's language,
I dreamed I lived in another's skin,
I dreamed I was my own beloved,
I dreamed I was a tiger's kin.

I dreamed that Eden lived inside me,
And when I breathed a garden came,
I dreamed I knew all of Creation,
I dreamed I knew the Creator's name.

I dreamed--and this dream was the finest--
That all I dreamed was real and true,
And we would live in joy forever,
You in me, and me in you."
— Clive Barker (Days of Magic, Nights of War)

"Nothing ever begins.
There is no first moment; no single word or place from which this or any story springs.
The threads can always be traced back to some earlier tale, and the tales that preceded that; though as the narrator's voice recedes the connections will seem to grow more tenuous, for each age will want the tale told as if it were of its own making."
— Clive Barker (Weaveworld)


Hop on over to the next blog!! The beginning and the end:)

24 comments:

  1. Hi Heather; I hope your blog's inclusion on our Indie Reviewer List has increased your traffic. Hopefully you aren't getting slammed with requests! I just sent you a review request via e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome blog hop stephen king is a classic i love his work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked the quote from Beautiful Creatures. Great book :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Creatures was an awesome book. I've reread it a few times :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. :O) Its a Sassy Siren !!!! hey lovley Its kat !!! geesh !!! Loved your indepth quotes !! Very fab !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Steven King :)
    Loved the quotes!
    thank you for being a stop on the hop =) haha!
    tfalick(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Stephen King!!! :)
    thank you for being on the hop!
    And HELLO from Sister Siren!!! :)
    Shannon Johnson/IandSsmom
    shannonjean14(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The movie 'IT' by Stephen King scared me when I was really little D:

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Stephen King! great quotes.
    heltondexter@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks everyone:) those quotes struck me as the right ones to add.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy, a Stephen King fan! Here's one of my favorite Stephen King quotes from the 13th Warrior or Eaters of the Dead:
    "Merciful Father, I have squandered my days with plans of many things. This was not among them. But at this moment, I beg only to live the next few minutes well. For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done; I pray thee God for forgiveness."
    LadyVampire2u AT gmail DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  12. lol. that first quote is a good one. I could only handle reading one Stephen King book and that was Carrie. His others are just so warped. :S

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Beautiful Creatures quote! :)

    kristinaleigh1@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Stephen King! Great quotes =D

    claroxide@yahoo.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hahahaha Love the first quote! So very true!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Stand is my favorite Steven King book, thanks for a fun hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have yet to read a Stephen King book...probably because I am not into horrow movies so why whould I like horror books. But I have heard they are the best of the genre.

    GFC Name: Maria (pronounced Mariah) I blame my mother…

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read Stephen Kings "Christine" it's a book cloe to my heart.

    Leanne109

    leanne_gag[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice quotes Thanks for the blog hop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The quote from Beautiful Creatures is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Just hopping through and checking out all the blogs along the way!
    (SydneyGen)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting:)